Thanking you for checking out my website. You probably want to know…
- Who I am
- How I can help you
- How to get in touch
Who I am
My name is Nick Ramsay and I’m from a small town called Crowborough in the southeast of England. After I graduated from university, I moved to central Japan, where I’ve been for over 25 years. My wife is Japanese and we have a son, who plays the tuba in a high school brass band – so cool!
For work, I teach English in my own school. Dozens of children and adults come to my classroom for face-to-face lessons every week.
As for hobbies, I like to do yoga, go hiking, teach on YouTube, and play computer games. In fact, I once made my own computer game!
How I can help you
Well, you’re here because you want to improve your English, right? Well, these are the things I most enjoy teaching:
- English fluency – Stress, rhythm, intonation, linking, pronunciation, active listening, quick responses, hesitation strategies, and real, everyday phrases. I can help you understand native English, and sound more natural when you speak.
- British English – If you want to sound like Harry Potter actors Danielle Radcliffe or Emma Watson, I can definitely help you. I speak with a modern RP accent, the one you hear on the BBC.
- Public speaking – I can give you guidance on how to conduct meetings, negotiations, or how to make good presentations and speeches.
- Exam interviews – I can provide training for English speaking tests such as Eiken and IELTS.
I try to teach these things on social media (links below), but I also teach private online lessons (see below) when there is a gap in my work schedule.
How to get in touch
You can contact me in three ways:
- X (Twitter) or Instagram. I’m often on my mobile phone so these are quick and easy.
- If you’re interested in taking private lessons with me, I teach through a service called Cafetalk. Use this link for 500 free points: https://cafetalk.com/i/NickRamsay/en
- Alternatively, you can reach me with this contact form:
Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you!